This intensive course covers over three hundred well-known and less commonly encountered gemstones, and is aimed at providing students with the skills they need to make quick and reliable gem identifications.
At AIGS, we place great emphasis on the practical aspects of gemology, knowing that confidence comes only through hands-on practice:
Learn how to identify gemstones using a wide range of gemological instruments.
Learn about the properties and attributes of a variety of gem materials.
Connect this knowledge and experience with the real-world gem and jewelry industry.
Part 1 – Theory: Online/Distance learning
1. Student registers for the course online.
2. AIGS registrar will email text book .pdf file to student.
3. Quizzes will be sent by email to student to summarize the theory knowledge before the final exam. We will correct the quiz and return to student with the results. Please note that these marks does not count towards the final exam.
4. Questions regarding student study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (36 hour response time).
5. Student must complete theory exam online prior to attending practical lab on campus at AIGS Bangkok.
Part II - Briefing and practical lab on campus AIGS, Bangkok
one month or 20 days (5 days per week = 4 weeks) from 09:00 - 16:00 hour.
Theory Certificate: In case student does not have time to do the practical lab. Student can do only theory online at home and get a diploma on Theory.
Student can also do practical on campus at a later date (current fee at the time of enrollment) and receive the Diploma on Gem Identification Course.
Exam: Three attempts within 3 months
Theory: Exam online – 75%
Practical: On Campus – 90%