For the celebration of AIGS's 40th Anniversary, The Asian Institute of Gemological Sciences is pleased to announce our A.G Anniversary Scholarship. The Accredited Gemologist Program acclaimed for its knowledge in colored stone identification is focused to those interested in the study of gemology and who have made great achievements in the gem and jewelry industry.
40 chosen individuals will be able to participate in the A.G. Anniversary Scholarship, which is divided into 4 tiers:
Top scholarship - Full scholarship
|| 8 candidates
|| 10 candidates
Scholarship students who complete the full A.G. course attaining an A grade in all four units can be considered for the AIGS Internship program.
The scholarship are only used for A.G. Program. The total amount of the scholarship is worth approximately USD 125,000.
"AIGS 40 YEARS' ANNIVERSARY SCHOLARSHIP" APPLICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- "AIGS 40 YEARS' Anniversary Scholarship" is valid for any nationality, applications must be submitted in English, Chinese or Thai.
- Apply online at www.aigsthailand.com.
Within a strict 1000 word limit, your personal statement should outline:
- How you first became interested in gemology
- Your education background
- Work / industry experience, and in what ways you feel that you could contribute to the industry as a whole in the future.
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION:
This should be written by someone whom you have known in a professional or personal capacity. The person in question must describe who they are, how long they have known you and in what ways he/she feels you are suitable for the award. In order to verify the legitimacy of submitted recommendations, we also request for the contact details and reference of organization he/she represents.
A color scan of the photo page of your passport.
One 4 x 6 cm photo
EDUCATIONAL CERTIFICATE SCANS:
Color scans of any applicable certificate of higher education, including diplomas from other gemological institutions and/or degrees in related fields, as well as certificates of English level. Please note that the recipient’s name on the certificate must match that shown on the applicant's passport.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Scholarship students must aim to have successfully completed all four A.G. units within 24 months of commencement
- Full attendance is required throughout the duration of all course, unless documented proof is provided
- Failure to adhere to the above two rules will result in the removal of the scholarship and the requirement to pay any further tuition or examination fees incurred
- Scholarship students can enroll only if there are vacant seats in the class they want. If no seats are open they must wait until space is available
- The full Scholarship program is exclusive of any field trips abroad
- Please note, scholarship participants are responsible for any tax liabilities that may apply.
ENROLLMENT TIME: 22 NOV 2018 – 22 FEB 2019
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE INFORMED ONLY IF SUCCESSFUL ON 22ND MAR 2019